very disappointed with version 5.5.2E

• 1.1K Views
  • Last Post 14 June 2016
jacksonmacd posted this 13 June 2016

Just completed my first roadtrip after several months. I was very surprised to see that ODB Car Doctor PRO had been silently upgraded to a new version. I am not impressed by the changes, and would much prefer the old version. This message is about outright bugs; I will share my opinions about functionality in another message.

- I use the software to display a graph of 4 parameters while driving, including the Fuel Consumption parameter. The "units" are incorrectly identified as l/100 km instead of the correct L/hr.

- the autoconnect functionality does not work as it did previously. I must manually connect the Bluetooth, then select that I want to collect current data, then select the configuration of data that I want to connect. IIRC, all these steps were done automatically in the previous version.

- the configuration screen has controls for these automatic connections, and as far as I can tell, they are set correctly. However, the checkboxes are very dim (almost impossible to read), and do not function like normal checkboxes. Something is wrong with the way they work.

- tried to Share the Log results. Found my way to the screen where I can filter to show only the current results, with a checkbox adjacent to each of the Log entries. There "appear" to be many more Log entries than I can account for, but I haven't verified that yet. HOWEVER, there are more than can fit on a single screen, so I was required to scroll thru the list to see them all. Scrolling an individual item off the screen causes its checkbox to be cleared. Bottom line is that you cannot check ALL the items in the list at one time. You can only check a single screenful at a time. That does not make any sensed.

These are just the bugs that I found. I have a lot more comments about the design changes, especially about the widgets, which I find to be annoying.

inCarDoc posted this 14 June 2016

Thank you for the detailed feedback, we will try to fix the listed issues, at least what we could control. There are some notes on the observed cases:

Automatic version update does not controlled by application, it have no such feature at all. Please check your setting in Google Play application to allow or disable automatic updates. 

With auto-connect features, please try to un-check and check again appropriate auto-connection options, as this might be wrong conversion from some previous versions.

New version is using the default android's configuration pages style (before it was custom pages) so it look-and-feel could depend on the used Android version. If you have the issues with this please contact by mail with some more detail as phone model, android version and if possible screenshots and issues descriptions. 

Thanks!