InCarDoc is an application that allows user to analyze the status of various parameters of the engine and cars in real time using a smartphone for further analysis and driving optimizing.
- Real-time engine and vehicle OBD2 parameters
- Chart drawing for real-time data
- Check engine light control (MIL)
- Fuel Economy/Consumption parameters (MPG)
- Code scanner
- Auto-start of last used command screen
- Console for advanced users experiments with OBD-II and adapter commands
- Read GPS data: speed, altitude
- Support of graphical gauges
- Logbook: fueling, service records, car maintenance, diagnostics
Information Collected by InCarDoc
We may collect data and information to further improvement of our products and services.
- Vehicle year, make, and model
- Anonymized VIN (stripped of the vehicle serial number)
- Supported PIDs, OBD2 protocol, and OBD standard
- Application name and version
- OBD2 communications, which includes information about your scan tool and vehicle
- Statistics of usage
- Any error messages that may have occurred while you were using the application
- Debug Log
General data is collected by Google Analytics and will not be shared with third parties.
Information Submitted by users when signed to inCarDoc site
Signing in is an optional feature and required only if the user wants to store manually selected app data at inCarDoc site!
The following personal Primary account information will be submitted and stored at inCarDoc site, when Signing\Creating account
- email (as user's unique identifier)
- user name and icon
All personal information could be removed with the Account settings option at inCarDoc.com site
Personal Information Security
We acknowledge and respect your right to privacy. We do not disclose any personally identifiable information to third parties.
- Users data is its own – no detailed data is uploaded in the app unless you specifically tell it to upload.
- By default, private information is stored locally on the phone storage only. User has ability to send selected data manually to our serves or by mail.
Device & app history
- Used to self- identify application when running in background
- Extra GPS parameters: GPS speed, altitude
- When GPS access is disabled, some devices can not find the adapter https://developer.android.com
- Store and read "Logbook" and Debug data as direct user's actions
- To export a file to an external SD card, you need access to the internal NON-private storage that Google calls - access to photos and media files
- Bluetooth related - communication with external adapter (allows a device to wirelessly exchange data with other Bluetooth devices)
- Internet related - publishing "Logbook" records to server as direct user's actions (+ maps)
- Wi-Fi (allows an app to access whatever network the device is connected to at the time)
- prevent device from sleeping (allows signal to keep the phone active when it is performing certain tasks)
- draw over other apps (Pro version permission required)
- modify system settings (Pro version permission required)