Ssangyong Rexton 2006 NOT OBD2 compliant

• 7.3K Views
  • Last Post 06 July 2019
Breihz posted this 25 October 2017

All, just an FYI. The 2001 - 2006 Ssangyong Rexton 2.7 XDi model is NOT OBD-2 compliant and will not connect to OBD Car Doctor. The reason is because it does not use the original Bosch electronics which were used on the Mercedes vehicles which this engine was derived from, rather it uses Delphi instead which wasn't OBD2 compliant.

However the Rexton II models after 2007 should work as they are OBD2 compliant, however I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS AS YET, I have only heard and read this.

Breihz.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
inCarDoc posted this 27 October 2017

You are absolutely right, old Delphi controllers does not support OBD-II.
But at some cases might be partially compatible (at signal level of OBD-II), so we add extension with commands of some Delphi systems (in particular case MT20, but could be partially compatible with other as well)

One cold try change settings: Settings-Protocol type-Delphi MT20 and try to connect

Thanks!

John Milik posted this 13 June 2019

I have a rextron rx27 xdi, it has a problem, fristly stops starting wh the battery was taken off wit the key still in the car, then it was taken to a technician, who scaned it, but couldn't connect, the euc was taken for repairs, after the repairs diesel starts piping out from the injectors, but theres no Singh of current in the injector, till now it is still not starting, pls what can I do

Fredrik Løkka posted this 06 July 2019

Try the cam and crank sensors. It's probably them!