Although the process of shipping your vehicle from Hawaii back to the mainland is similar, there are a few key differences to note. The two options provided by Auto Transport company for shipping your car from Hawaii are port to port or port to door. This potential that you will be required to supply your automobile to your Auto Transport agent at your departure port in Hawaii.
When transporting your car back to the mainland, there are a few paperwork requirements that you have to comply with. When you deliver your vehicle to the departure port in Hawaii you will be required to present:
- A government-issued photo ID.
- A copy of your booking confirmation that includes your vessel booking number.
- The title to the automobile or a lienholder authorization for financed cars.
- The car’s current registration.
- Your car keys and alarm remote.
If the automobile is being delivered to the port through a proxy, a letter of power of attorney stating that the auto may also be shipped.