Car paint protection- It is a coating applied on the top of the car’s paint layer that aims in protecting your automobile against unpredictibilty of the weather like sun, rain, dust and harsh UV rays. Even external aspects like bird droppings, scratching and stone chipping.
Based on the requirement, there are different types of paint protection; physical, film or liquid. These coatings make the car look shiny and require regular upkeep especially in the harsh weather of Australia.
People often wonder whether it is worth investing in car paint protection film or not. It completely depends on how you want your car to look, how frequent you are to harsh susceptibility of weather and in regular upkeep. Well, this article explains different types of paint protection films, their benefits and whether it is worth adding to your car or not.
Is car paint protection worth it?
- Paint protection is a low-maintenance way of keeping your car’s exterior in top condition. It is easier to clean and you won’t have to worry much about its polishing.
- Before you invest in it, consider where you will keep your car when you are not driving it. If your car parking space is prone to bird and insect droplets, stone scratchin and dust then paint protection for your car is worth it.
However, if your car remains in a closed space most of the time, there’s probably less need for protective coating.
Types of paint protection
Wax is one of the oldest and most common car paint protection films that enhance the aesthetic appeal of your car. It is extracted from palm trees and is further blended with oils and sealants. Waxes are available in different forms including; spray, paste or liquid and are a lot easier to wash and dry. You can choose the best wax for car paint protection that complements your car well.
- Synthetic paints
Synthetic paint contains a lot of chemicals and is popular for mirror-glass finish shine to the car.
- Ceramic coating
The ceramic coating enhances the beauty of your car and provides protection against scratches. However, they are not resistant to extensively sharp materials like car keys, screwdrivers or hard brushes These coatings also help your car to stay clean for longer and provide protection for a duration of at least 2 to 4 years.
Sealants are synthetic polymers that protect your car from UV rays, dust, chemicals and various other unwanted particles. Good quality sealants enhance the appearance of your car and provide protection for 6 to 12 months.
Benefits of car paint protection
- The car paint protection film acts as a barrier to all the outdoor elements and gives a glossy look to your car.
- The reactive copolymer coating provides protection against environmental damages like acid rain, pollution and bird droppings.
- Paint protection films aids in retaining the colour of your car and prevents discolouration from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Paint protection film keeps your vehicle brand new for a long time which might increase the resale value of your car.
- Paint protection films are water-resistant as well.
Cost of car paint protection film
The cost for car protection film varies from company to company and city to city. You can research the costs of car paint protection in Gold coast from the internet and find the company that you think will fulfil all your needs.
When it comes to new car paint protection film in Brisbane or anywhere in Australia, the decision could be difficult. New car paint protection is a chemical spray that creates a barrier on your painted surface for outdoor elements. This can be a wax fill or a ceramic layer. The cost of car paint protection spray is relatively high but serves equal benefits as well.
These are some of the important things about car paint protection film. Paint protection film can be pricey but definitely a great solution to prevent scratches and retain the paintwork of your car. It can be applied entirely to your car or just the front depending on your preference. The film can protect your car from these outdoor elements for a long time, but once the film fades you should get it replaced to continue protecting your car.
There are several companies for car paint protection in Gold Coast. Finding a reliable one could be a difficult task for which you need to research effectively, shortlist the best ones and decide whether they are worth allotting the responsibility or not. So, take your time and choose the company wisely. After the paint protection film is applied, you will feel good about making this decision.