I have tried to send an email to Support but I dont think the email was sent so I thought I would put my problem on here. I have a European Ford Focus Mk2 1.6 16V petrol. I am using the app on my Android phone with an ELM 327. The app is connecting via Bluetooth and on the Status page the double link symbol appears to indicate that the app is connected to the car but I get nothing displayed on any of the options. I have tried using automatic connectivity and PWM which I thought might help but it did not help. Can anyone help?
App not working with Ford Focus Mk2
- 108 Views
- Last Post 15 June 2018
We answering all mails that have questions or issue description. Please note that mail was sent from you phone mail client.
At most cases to check the issue we need to see the connection settings and protocol, and car details including the model year, so please follow the steps below to prepare and send mail with the protocol.
- start car's engine
- unplug/plug back the OBD adapter, check that it's powered
- (for Bluetooth) turn off/on Bluetooth support in you phone (or reload phone)
- check that other apps or phones does not occupy OBD adapter connection
- start app
- turn on Debug logging: Settings-Logging-Debug logging
- run Connection Guide: Settings-Connection Guide, switch to the second page to search available connections
- find and click your OBD adapter in a list
- wait finishing of connection testing or error message
- use Connect <...> at Home app screen for consequent connections
If have issues please please use Settings-Logging-Send message to send details and issue description
as well as car model/year details
Thank you for your help. I now have the App displaying data from my car. I found that Bluetooth was not connected.
- All Categories
- Trouble codes
- News and Announcements
- Bluetooth / WiFi OBD-II adapters
- Installation and work at Android devices
- Installation and work at iPhone and iPad
- Vehicle connection and settings
- User feedback
- Site and forum