21 September 2014
- Last edited 22 September 2017
"Economy fuel", "Economy fuel avg" is not in the list of (or is displayed incorrectly)
For the calculation of all types of fuel economy (consumption) MAF sensor or MAP + RPM + IAT sensors data should be available in the car (if only MAP sensor is available you should specify proper Engine displacement in cubic centimeters). For diesel cars LOAD sensor data is also required. Data display may be some time after the beginning of the car movement (speed > 5 km / h, the distance > 50m).
1. "Economy fuel" is out of the list (gasoline car) As for the "Economy fuel" calculation following parameters are required:
- MAF - Mass Air Flow (MAF air flow rate)
- MAP - The pressure in the intake manifold (absolute) (Intake manifold absolute pressure)
- Engine RPM
- IAT - the temperature of the intake air (Intake air temperature) *
For Diesel cars it requires one more parameter
- Load - Calculated Engine Load
* One must fill in Volumetric efficiency in the Configuration >> Car parameters >> Volumetric Efficiency beta. If the data necessary for the calculation is not supported by the ECU of your car, then the calculation of the “Economy fuel” calculation is not possible.
2. "Economy fuel" is listed, but displayed incorrectly (diesel car) solution:
- You should to put a tick in the Configuration >> Car parameters >> Diesel
- Please note, to work correctly in this case, car ECU must provide Calculated engine load value parameter. If this option is not supported by your car “Economy fuel” will not be available in the parameter’s list.
3. "Economy fuel avg" is not displayed
- Solution: You need to drive a certain distance (at least 200 m / 0.2 miles) *.
* One can configure the metric in Configuration >> Localization >> Imperial / Metric.
Note !!! Localization changes come into force only after the program reconnection.