How to Check Out a Used Car Before Buying It
All drivers buying a used car worry about its condition and performance after the previous owner.
Experts recommend starting the vehicle inspection from checking of the technical passport and all its data: the registration date, the year of manufacture, as well as checking the service book. This information helps you to determine the regularity of the car service and the number of past owners.
The next step is a general and detailed car body inspection (vehicle should be clean).
Careful inspection of the bead, hood, lid and other parts of the exterior body helps to determine the presence of dents, defects in geometry and color.
An important role has a lighting and terrain (smooth covering for a qualitative inspection of the body and wheel arches, discs and tires).
Pay attention to the gaps between the front fenders and the windscreen frame, the front bumper and front fenders, the hood and front lights, the gaps between the doors and the luggage compartment lid.
Be careful with fenders, moldings, thresholds, spoilers, cut-offs, since underneath they may be hidden defects and violations of the integrity of the body or painting, there is a huge likelihood of corrosion, which adversely affects the metal parts of the car, destroying them.
After that, you can start an inspection of the car interior. Review the steering wheel and dashboard, then inspect the lights, wipers and power windows. Check the operation of the air conditioner, stove
After checking the body, interior and electronic control unit, you should pay attention to the suspension, brakes
Pay maximum attention to the engine. When the ignition is switched on, watch for the slightest malfunction. Later check the engine at idle for the presence or absence of oil leakage.
InCarDoc can be a very useful helper in complex vehicle checking and a reliably used car choosing because of rich functionality, which includes:
- Read, record and store parameters in real-time and view it in form of charts and graphs
- Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes of your dashboard
- Fuel economy and consumption ratings with Economizer parameter
- Get mapping car parameters results while driving (PRO)
- Configurable files support to expand the list of supported auto or auto systems
- Connect mobile app to the web portal for safe and easy storing and data review
- Get instant notifications about vehicle faults: create and manage custom alerts etc.