Automotive digest of the last week in February - inCarDoc
Administrator posted this 02 March 2021
In any case, cars are an integral part of our daily lives. We have prepared for you a new line of news that is known to us today.
- The updated crossover received a bold and spectacular design, which is convenient for family trips. And we're talking about Hyundai Motor Santa Fe. Hyundai has created new franchises for the Santa Fe crossover that stands out from the competition. The new car has a powerful front end and a wide grille with integrated T-shaped daytime running lights. If we talk about design, the company has updated the interior with a premium finish, more free space, and new additional features. Thanks to large-scale changes, the updated fourth-generation Hyundai Santa Fe offers the highest class of comfort, which can meet the needs of drivers.
- Toyota has provided its car owners with an updated Toyota Land Cruiser 200 in Executive Lounge configuration. The car has stylish exterior details that are hard to miss. Moreover, the grille has a bright horizontal element in the center, which stands out against the dark background. Thanks to these changes, the massive front of the Executive Lounge car has become more dynamic. In the updated configuration of the Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Executive Lounge, the company has equipped the auto with advanced technology. They provide maximum comfort while driving. The car retains high-reliability indicators and is equipped with powerful V8 engines — a 4.6-liter gasoline engine with a capacity of 309 hp and a 4.5-liter diesel engine with a capacity of 249 hp. The latter also has a high torque, which is 650 Nm.
Announcement of prototypes
- In 2020, iRacing demonstrated the first redesign of the Dallara P217 LMP2 prototype for the first time. It is expected to top up the iRacing virtual garage in the upcoming simulator update. The Dallara P217 is a prototype of the LMP2 class, created by the Italian company Dallara Automobili. Also, cars of the Daytona Prototype International class can have a non-standard body and engine.
- Some time ago, Honda provided an electric car and showed the concept at the Geneva Motor Show. According to Honda, the Prototype evolves from the Urban EV. A closer look reveals some key differences. As a result, the overall proportions of the car tend to be practical rather than sporty. Another worthwhile change concerns the rear, where the square taillights were replaced with round ones. An advanced car charging port is built into the center of the hood for easy use on either side of the automobile, and a LED battery charging status indicator is visible through the glass cover. The range of travel on a single charge is at least 200 km. The fast-charging function allows you to fill the battery to 80% in 30 minutes.
- The Q3 car from Audi is a front-or all-wheel-drive premium SUV of the compact category, which combines all the positive qualities that meet the requirements of motorists. From the outside, the Audi Q3 looks attractive, aggressive, and harmonious, but at the same time restrained. The overall length of the 2nd gen Q3 is 4485 mm, its width is 1856 mm, and its height is 1585 mm. The interior of the crossover is extremely beautiful. It has a modern and concise design. There is a wide range of modifications, a 6-speed manual or a 7-band S Tronic. The second-generation Audi Q3 is based on the MQB model architecture. The diesel crossover has a four-cylinder 2.0-liter engine with a turbocharger, battery-powered Common Rail fuel supply, and 16 valves, available in two pumping levels.
- Volkswagen is preparing to provide us with a new car model Golf. Following this, the eighth generation of Golf with the world's best-selling Volkswagen. The eighth-generation Golf retains the proportions of the current model. But, it will get front-end graphics processing, reminiscent of VW models of past generations. The upcoming Golf car will remain on the platform with MQB transverse engines. Which is at the heart of modern Golf. It is also used in several VW Group vehicles, including the Audi TT and the large VW Atlas SUV. The future Golf will offer a 1.0-liter inline three-cylinder. A 1.5-liter midrange inline in various states will appear in the USA. What is more, drivers will be able to buy the car with a 2.0-liter inline turbine engine in the GTI. And possibly a 3.0-liter V-6 in the Golf R. As you know, the company is developing an optional all-wheel drive. It will be available not only on the raised Alltrack station wagon but also a choice of a six-speed manual or seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.